Despite lowering resistance to respiratory infections, TNF blockers do not interfere with the efficacy of the pneumococcal vaccine. Swedish investigators vaccinated 149 patients with rheumatoid arthritis who were treated with TNF blockers, methotrexate (Maxtrex), or a combination of both treatments. The vaccine increased antibody levels significantly in all groups, although patients receiving TNF blockers without methotrexate had a better response than the other treatment groups (Rheumatology 2006; 45: 106-11).
- GP Position (Interim-Salaried) £11,000 a session (30% more than a ‘traditional’ salaried post) McGinley Central Services South West London
- Salaried GP Vacancy in Chesterfield - up to £10,500 per session + MDU+ NI + Pension- Full/Part Time MedMatch Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Specialist in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or General Practice St Helena Saint Helena
- Salaried GP , Stockton-on-Tees Giant Recruitment Stockton-on-Tees
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Swindon IMH Group Swindon, Wiltshire