Soy nuts may improve BP in postmenopausal women and reduce cholesterol levels in women with high BP, say US researchers. The researchers assigned 60 postmenopausal women to eat two different diets, one of which involved eating half a cup of soy nuts a day, for eight weeks. The soy nut-supplemented diet lowered systolic and diastolic BP by 9.9 per cent and 6.8 per cent, respectively, compared to the soy nut-free diet (Arch Intern Med 2007; 167: 1,060-7).
- Salaried GP Rakaia Medical Centre New Zealand (NZ)
- Salaried GP The Robert Darbishire Practice Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Come and join a winning team NHS Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group Leicester, Leicestershire
- Babylon Salaried GP - London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester. Babylon Health Various
- GUARANTEED WORK ON YOUR DOORSTEP The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide