Overweight diabetics are more likely to be mistaken about what is a healthy weight than diabetics with a healthy bodyweight. A survey of 2,461 US diabetes patients found that 41 per cent gave a 'healthy' weight for their height that was in the overweight BMI range but two thirds of obese respondents gave 'healthy' weights that were too high.The researchers concluded that more effort should be made to educate patients about a healthy weight range (Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 695-7).
- GP LOCUM - IPAD Air given per registration** Meddoc Locums Nationwide
- Salaried GP Rakaia Medical Centre New Zealand (NZ)
- Salaried GP The Robert Darbishire Practice Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Come and join a winning team NHS Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group Leicester, Leicestershire
- Babylon Salaried GP - London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester. Babylon Health Various