Taking the herbal remedy echinacea can more than halve the risk of catching a cold, according to US research. The researchers combined the results of 14 different studies on echinacea's anti-cold properties. Using echinacea alone was found to reduce the incidence of cold by 65 per cent, while combination with vitamin C it reduced cold incidence by 86 per cent. Even when patients were directly inoculated with rhinovirus, echinacea still reduced the cold incidence by 35 per cent (Lancet Infectious Diseases Online 2007).
- Salaried GP Rakaia Medical Centre New Zealand (NZ)
- Salaried GP The Robert Darbishire Practice Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Come and join a winning team NHS Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group Leicester, Leicestershire
- Babylon Salaried GP - London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester. Babylon Health Various
- GUARANTEED WORK ON YOUR DOORSTEP The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide