Women who report migraine with aura are at increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD), a 10-year US study has shown. It included 27,840 women aged 45 and over who did not have angina or CVD at baseline. The 1,434 who reported a history of migraine with aura had double the rate of major CVD, with a 91 per cent increased risk of ischaemic stroke, 71 per cent increased risk of angina and a more than doubled risk of MI and ischaemic CVD death (JAMA 2006; 296: 283-91).
- Specialist in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or General Practice St Helena Saint Helena
- GP Position (Interim-Salaried) £11,000 a session (30% more than a ‘traditional’ salaried post) McGinley Central Services South West London
- Salaried GP Vacancy in Chesterfield - up to £10,500 per session + MDU+ NI + Pension- Full/Part Time MedMatch Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Salaried GP Vacancy in Berkshire- up to £10,000 per session + MDU + NI + Pension – part/full time MedMatch Berkshire
- Salaried GP - Derby (various sessions) IMH Group Derbyshire