Pain suffered by patients who have sustained nerve damage is caused by undamaged pain receptor cells firing in response to inflammation in the damaged area, according to UK researchers. The finding should help researchers develop improved analgesic treatments for patients with neuropathic pain (Journal of Neuroscience 2006; 26: 1,281-92). Pictured is a scanning electron micrograph of nerve fibres.
- Specialist in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or General Practice St Helena Saint Helena
- GP Position (Interim-Salaried) £11,000 a session (30% more than a ‘traditional’ salaried post) McGinley Central Services South West London
- Salaried GP Vacancy in Chesterfield - up to £10,500 per session + MDU+ NI + Pension- Full/Part Time MedMatch Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Salaried GP Vacancy in Berkshire- up to £10,000 per session + MDU + NI + Pension – part/full time MedMatch Berkshire
- Salaried GP - Derby (various sessions) IMH Group Derbyshire