New services include:
- Two Twitter feeds, both for the RCN and chief executive Dr Peter Carter,
- Dr Carter's blog,
- Regular podcasts on current issues featuring high profile nursing figures.
Dr Carter said: ‘I hope that by using Twitter, blogging and podcasts, we will be able to communicate continuously and effectively to more and more people, and to ensure that the voice of nursing is heard and understood.'
Details of the drive are contained in an RCN video.
- You can follow Healthcare Republic on Twitter at @HealthcareRep.
- GP and Independent Nurse editor Emma Bower is @EmmaBower
- GP and Independent Nurse deputy editor Neil Durham is @NeilDurham
- GP dispensing features editor and Independent Nurse features editor Sarah Wild is @Wild_Sarah.
More new from 14 August