GP PENSIONS TOOLKIT
- NHS could suffer 'staff shortages' due to early retirements, report warns
- Locums slash fees after superannuation change
- Viewpoint: 2013/14 GP pay award could see income drop 3.8%
- NHS pension reforms 'rushed and unfair', warns BMA
- State pension reforms to benefit self-employed GPs
- GPs in Scotland face full weight of UK pension reforms
- GPs urged to express views on pension reforms
- GP Pensions Timeline
- GPs face bigger pension tax bill in Autumn Statement
- BMA Scotland rules out strike action over pensions
mEDECONOMICS PENSIONS ARTICLES
Ensuring you are being paid the right seniority income requires some sleuthing.
Russell Finn explains how to work out if you are above or below the annual allowance limit.
Weigh up private sector options before deciding to stay in or leave the NHSPS. By Stephen Caps
Phil Mileham advises planning ahead in stages and starting this well before the year you will retire.
Phil Mileham explains how GPs can protect their pensions ahead of the reduction of the lifetime allowance to £1.5m from £1.8m in April.
There are perils to avoid for GPs returning to work after taking their NHS pension. By Dr Tony Grewal
Stephen Caps on the implications for your NHS pension benefits and the timing of your retirement.
GP PENSIONS TIMELINE
ASK THE EXPERTS
Our pensions experts can answer your questions. Click on the experts' profiles to ask a financial question.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Taking 24-hour retirement Kevin Quinn explains restrictions on hours worked under '24-hour retirement' rules
Ask the experts: Cost to practices of locum superannuation change Jenny Stone explains how changes to locum superannuation payments, which will be introduced as part of the government's plans for the GMS contract, will affect practices.
Practice management and finance tips for 2013 Medeconomics' panel of experts provide their top tips for GP practices in the year ahead.
NHS Pension and fixed protection I have taken fixed protection (FP) on my NHS pension pot as its value slightly exceeds the £1.5m lifetime allowance (LTA). To avoid losing FP, I plan to make contributions for several months in years where inflation, as measured by the consumer pric...
Private SIPPS pensions Q: Is it possible to have more than one self-invested pension plan (SIPP)? Also if I don't convert a SIPP to a pension before my demise will the fund go to my estate and become liable to inheritance tax?
Boosting NHS pension I am thinking about whether I need to increase my pension contribution. How is this done? I understand there are two options: NHS additional pension (AP) or buying added years (AY)
GP PENSION RESOURCES
A DH factsheet explaining the government's proposals for a 2015 NHS pension scheme.
The DH has developed a calculator to allow NHS workers to see how changes to contribution rates from 2012/13 will affect them.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Clinical Research Physician Synexus Ltd Competitive, UK based sites
- Salaried GP DMC Healthcare Competitive Salary, East Dulwich, South London
- Salaried GP The Medical Centre - Kent Competitive, Maidstone, Kent
- Salaried GP Horden Group Practice Salary will be dependant on experience, Horden, County Durham
- Locum GP (Liverpool) Agenda Medical Locums £550 - 650 per day, Liverpool
- Locum GP (Newcastle) Agenda Medical Locums £525 per day, Newcastle