The mitochondrial DNA of sperm is destroyed after fertilisation according to Japanese research. It found that the mitochondrial DNA in the sperm of medaka fish was completely digested by the egg within two hours of fertilisation. This could explain why multi-celled organisms inherit almost all their mitochondrial DNA from their mother (www.pnas.org). Pictured is a scanning electron micrograph of a human egg and sperm.
- Salaried full/part time GP in Derby - System One Medical Staffing Derby, Derbyshire
- GP Locum Required For Sessions In Doncaster Area Medical Staffing Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Regular Surgery Sessions available in and around Greater Manchester! Medical Staffing Manchester, North West
- Salaried GP - permanent and maternity cover The Robert Darbishire Practice Manchester, Greater Manchester
- UK BASED GPS WORK FROM HOME AND PROVIDE VIDEO PATIENT CONSULTATIONS FLEXIBLE HOURS!! Medical Staffing Nationwide