US research has revealed how the immune system sounds the alarm when the bacterium that causes Legionnaires' disease emerges from its hiding place in sealed vacuoles inside host cells. Experiments in mice showed that a host protein called Birc1e was necessary to direct the immune system to eliminate the infected cell (www.nature.com/ni).
- GP Position (Interim-Salaried) £11,000 a session (30% more than a ‘traditional’ salaried post) McGinley Central Services South West London
- Salaried GP Vacancy in Chesterfield - up to £10,500 per session + MDU+ NI + Pension- Full/Part Time MedMatch Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Specialist in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or General Practice St Helena Saint Helena
- Salaried GP , Stockton-on-Tees Giant Recruitment Stockton-on-Tees
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Swindon IMH Group Swindon, Wiltshire