GP leaders have slammed a private out-of-hours provider after it admitted it had no doctors on duty on Easter Sunday at one of its health centres.
NHS services could be exposed to increased private sector competition because of an EU trade deal with the US, a former health secretary has warned.
The first year of a large-scale integrated care pilot resulted in a marked increase in dementia diagnoses and the frequency of diabetes testing.
A&E doctors have called for more GPs at emergency departments to ease pressure on services, but a senior GP warned it could have the opposite effect.
A lack of time is preventing many GPs from taking part in NHS research into new treatments, a survey has revealed.
GPs should have faster access to diagnostic checks and results, and instant access to expert advice to discuss findings, an RCGP report warns.
- Harmoni admits running out-of-hours centre with no doctors
- GPs should take on 30% of A&E work, say emergency doctors
- Fears over NHS England capacity to manage general practice
- GPs launch national federation to counter rising pressure on practices
- TV show seeks GP couple as presenters
- Dementia diagnosis must accelerate, warns Hunt
Is there an evidence base for acupuncture in primary care? By Dr Prashini Naidoo
Getting recruitment wrong can be expensive. Fiona Dalziel has some advice to help practices ensure they have everything in place to recruit successfully.
For a two-year period practices can offset expenditure of up to £250,000 against tax in the year of purchase. By Russell Finn
Donna Hickey explains what a CQC inspection will involve and how practices can best prepare for the experience.
Patients in East Sussex have highlighted ways that practices can become more accessible to people with sight problems, says Radhika Holmström.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP's Avicenna Medical Practice Negotiable and to include benefits, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Part-Time Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership) Culcheth Medical Centre Competitive Salary, Warrington, Cheshire
- Full-Time Partner Badgerswood Surgery Negotiable, Hampshire/Surrey/West Sussex Border
- Full Time Partner/Salaried GP (8 sessions) to replace retiring Partner Stirling Road Surgery Details available on request, Devon
- 7 session Partner Chobham and West End Medical Practice Profit Sharing Partner, North West Surrey
- SALARIED /LONG TERM LOCUM LEADING TO FIXED SHARE PARTNERSHIP White City Health Centre £70000 TO £80000 but salary negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications., London W12 7PH & Southall UB1 1JH
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.