Practices will struggle to cope with patient demand this winter because of a 'relentless' rise in workload and a lack of primary care investment, GP leaders have warned.
GP practices face up to five-figure swings in funding under plans to recycle QOF funding into core pay from April, GP can reveal.
The DH blames the 2004 GP contract for pressure on A&E, but what impact will 2014/15's elderly care reforms have?
'Aggressive' and 'bullying' CQC inspectors have reduced GP partners and practice managers to tears, an LMC has warned.
GP practices can order shingles vaccine again after supplies were restored on Wednesday following months of delays, but orders are still being limited.
CCGs could be handed a greater role in primary care commissioning under plans set out by NHS England.
Dr Chris Lancelot, 19 November 2013
Medico-legal advice, as well as opinions, on how to act on child protection issues
A glance back over this week's primary care news, opinion, top tweets and best gaffes.
Medical accountant Laurence Slavin summarises the key points of interest for GPs in the chancellor's Autumn Statement.
Plan ahead and adhere to the rules around 24-hour retirement, to avoid incurring any penalty, writes Kevin Quinn.
When employing a staff member on a fixed-term contract, practices must understand the rights of both parties, writes Susan Bernstein.
Get creative when it comes to the earning potential of your premises, writes Dr Jeremy Phipps
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Clinical Research Physician Synexus Ltd Competitive, UK based sites
- Salaried GP DMC Healthcare Competitive Salary, East Dulwich, South London
- Salaried GP The Medical Centre - Kent Competitive, Maidstone, Kent
- Salaried GP Horden Group Practice Salary will be dependant on experience, Horden, County Durham
- Locum GP (Liverpool) Agenda Medical Locums £550 - 650 per day, Liverpool
- Locum GP (Newcastle) Agenda Medical Locums £525 per day, Newcastle