Challenge Fund GP access pilots have received guarantees of top-up funding worth millions of pounds and assurances of financial support beyond 2014/15, GP magazine has learnt.
More than 100 GP practices could be unable to request blood tests later this month after staff at one of the UK's largest hospitals threatened industrial action.
GPs have been urged to improve patient access to and choice of contraception, particularly long-acting reversible contraception (LARCs), under new standards welcomed by GPSIs.
GP practices could benefit by just £114 on average from the 2014/15 contract after NHS England refused to agree an increase in the value of QOF points.
More than 7.5m people across England will have increased access to GPs, as the DH revealed winning bids for the prime minister's £50m Challenge Fund pilot programme.
#WeekInReview - 17 April: Practices threatened with closure, get your arse to the doctors and #bowelcancer17 April 2014
A glance back over this week's primary care news, opinion, top tweets and best gaffes.
Writing for GPonline.com in a personal capacity, BMA deputy chairman Dr Kailash Chand reflects on the findings of this week's judicial review into the fairness of CSA tests.
Dr Chris Lancelot, 24 March 2014
Red flag symptoms
Identify unintentional weight loss, advises Dr Pipin Singh
Children and young people are as likely as adults to become ill - and they can become mentally ill, just as they can become physically ill.
- Successful Challenge Fund bidders revealed: full details
- GP access boost for 7.5m patients as DH reveals Challenge Fund pilots
- Vitamin D deficiency doubles risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain
- CCGs may need to merge to take on powerful trusts, outgoing CCG GP suggests
- #WeekInReview - 17 April: Practices threatened with closure, get your arse to the doctors and #bowelcancer
- GP contract in 2014/15 to benefit average practice by just £114
The latest information on domains, payments and prevalence.
According to Oxford Dictionaries, a 'tipping point' is the point at which a series of small changes or incidents becomes sufficiently significant to cause a larger, more important change.
A draft GP and GP out-of-hours inspection handbook is out for consultation between April and June 2014.
You can now view a sample copy of the in-depth report we provide to all practices in England who request a free GMS Financial Forecast 2014/21 from Medeconomics.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , North America
- CAMBRIDGE - Salaried GP - Excellent Salary - Full Bens Package Dream Medical Ltd c£80,000 (neg) + OUTSTANDING BENEFITS PACKAGE + BONUS SCHEME, Cambridgeshire
- LEAD GP - PICTURESQUE KENT - EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFITS Dream Medical Ltd c£90000 (fulltime) + Full benefits package, Kent
- GP - with or without MRCGP - Coastal Queensland - Australia Head Medical 60% billing, Queensland / North Queensland