Primary care is so fragmented that GP practices resemble '8,000 corner shops', and this structure threatens to block efforts to reform services, the outgoing head of the NHS in England has said.
GPs in Scotland will renew calls for a breakaway contract deal at this year's Scottish LMCs conference.
A quarter of obese patients may have depression, research suggests, prompting a call for GPs to view the condition as a red flag to screen for the mental illness.
GP payment services for the whole of England could be handed to a single outsourced company following an NHS England bid to slash £40m from primary care support (PCS) services, it has emerged.
Ninety-five percent of NHS patients in England will have online access to their GP records by April 2015, the health secretary has said, despite the ongoing row over extraction of patient data.
Practices managed to vaccinate nearly half of eligible patients against shingles in the first five months of the new national programme despite months of vaccine supply issues, official figures show.
NHS England is preparing to announce new investment in business and management support to ease pressure on GP practices, a top official has revealed.
Dr Custodes, 17 February 2014
Dr Chris Lancelot, 10 February 2014
Laurence Slavin, 04 February 2014
Dr Nigel Stollery compares four presentations and offers clues for their diagnosis.
Enter our competition and you could win a gadget 'perfect for the literature-loving insomniac'.
- GPs reject CCG contract role
- Viewpoint: Dr John Ribchester: Why I support the King's Fund's primary care plans
- NHS England bid to strengthen business support for GP practices
- Corner-shop GPs are blocking NHS reform, says Nicholson
- GP fears over PMS funding
- Hunt: 95% of patients will have online access to GP records in 2015
We asked medical accountants what factors PMS practices should take into account when considering a switch back to the GMS contract.
GPs have completed the extensive redevelopment of a redundant 1990s office block to create one of the largest single-site GP practices in the UK.
Employment lawyer Susan Bernstein answers key questions for practices around the compulsory retirement of employees.
The workload of practice managers is an increasing problem for practices struggling to keep up with the latest changes - our survey aims to identify the key issues.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- GP & Lead GP Care UK Competitive + Benefits, Pentonville Prison- London
- Salaried GP Post available, Hampshire, up to £8000 per session, Part and full-time options Merco Up to £8k per session + benefits, Hampshire, South Central region
- General Practitioners - Leigh Family Practices and Leigh Sports Village IntraHealth Competitive, Wigan
- Locum GPs needed urgently in North West England for Walk in Centres / Surgery Cover / OOH Locum Staffing Lucrative rates, North West and Surrounding areas
- GP Locums Wanted for Surgeries, OOH, WIC, UCC, Prisons - London Locum Staffing Excellent Rates, London
- Looking for Locum work in March, April & May? Locum Staffing £1000 to £1500 p/day, Nationwide