- Patient and public participation at individual and collective levels so as to ensure patient satisfaction and to enhance patient engagement with health improvement measures.
- Emphasis on prevention and reduction of ill health.
- Collaboration across primary, community and secondary care boundaries, and across health and social care boundaries too.
- A requirement that proposals should cover the whole disease spectrum, so as to avoid cherry picking.
- Emphasis on clinical leadership so that clinician involvement from the start can ensure successful implementation.
NHS Alliance chairman Dr Michael Dixon said: ‘This is what the NHS should be about. Providing seamless, patient-centred care within a defined budget, with measurable clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.’
Comment below and tell us what you think