- Kelly RS, Patnick J, Kitchener HC et al on behalf of the NHSCSP HPV Special Interest Group. HPV testing as a triage for borderline or mild dyskaryosis on cervical cytology: results from the Sentinel Sites study. Br J Cancer 2011: 1-6. doi:10.1038/bjc.2011.326.
Cervarix: phase III trials
- Lehtinen M, Paavonen J, Wheeler CM et al. For the HPV PATRICIA Study Group. Overall efficacy of human papillomavirus (HPV)-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted vaccine against cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 3 or greater: end-of-study analysis of the randomised, double-blind PATRICIA trial. Lancet Oncol 2011; 13(1): 89-99.
- Wheeler CM, Castellsague X, Garland SM et al. For the HPV PATRICIA Study Group. Cross-protective efficacy of human papillomavirus (HPV)-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted vaccine against cervical infection and precancer caused by non-vaccine oncogenic HPV types: end-of-study (4-year) analysis of the randomised, double-blind PATRICIA trial. Lancet Oncol 2011; 13(1): 100-10.
Gardasil: phase III trials
- FUTURE II Study Group. Four year efficacy of prophylactic human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, and 18) L1 virus-like particle vaccine against low-grade cervical, vulvar, and vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia and anogenital warts: randomised controlled trial. BMJ 2010; 340: c3493.
- Kjaer SK, Sigurdsson K, Iversen O-E et al. A pooled analysis of continued prophylactic efficacy of quadrivalent HPV (types 6/11/16/18) vaccine against high-grade cervical and external genital lesions. Cancer Prev Res 2009; 2: 868-78.
This topic falls under section 10.1 of the GP curriculum, Women’s Health.
- Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust http://www.jotrust.co.uk/
Individual responses to patient questions from an expert panel
- European Cervical Cancer Association. http://www.ecca.info/en/
Provides information for doctors and patients in many European languages
- Dr Szarewski has received conference sponsorship, honoraria and consultancy fees from GSK and Merck, Sharp and Dohme. She is an investigator in two GSK phase III HPV 16/18 vaccine trials
- Women's Health conference, 27 September 2012, London.