28 February 2013
Plant stanols and sterols in the prevention of cardiovascular disease (CVD)
With only one in ten (11%) GP surgeries in the UK benefiting from an in-house dietician, responsibility for diagnosis and management of food allergies and intolerances often falls to the GP.
Hearing loss is a major public health issue affecting more than 10 million people. Find out more about commissioning adult hearing services through the Any Qualified Provider model.
Musculoskeletal disorders place a heavy burden on the NHS in the UK.
With so much choice of where to refer your patients, which hospital can you rely on for renowned clinical excellence in obstetrics, women's health and paediatrics?
Did you know that one in five people in the UK don't know that HIV can be transmitted through unprotected sex?*
Promotional Feature - Touch base with your psoriasis patients. Offer them a free, confidential support programme11 November 2011
For many of the nearly two million Britons with psoriasis, life can be tough.
The antibacterial agent, once a favourite weapon in the healthcare professional arsenal against acne, is losing favour as the medical community become more aware of the issue of bacterial resistance.
Reasons for the recent rise in inflation and some tips to help GPs protect their assets.
Insomnia is a condition that disproportionally affects the elderly; one National Institute on Aging survey found that over half (57%) of elderly people reported some form of chronic disruption of sleep, while only 12% that were surveyed reported no s...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP's Avicenna Medical Practice Negotiable and to include benefits, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Part-Time Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership) Culcheth Medical Centre Competitive Salary, Warrington, Cheshire
- Full-Time Partner Badgerswood Surgery Negotiable, Hampshire/Surrey/West Sussex Border
- Full Time Partner/Salaried GP (8 sessions) to replace retiring Partner Stirling Road Surgery Details available on request, Devon
- 7 session Partner Chobham and West End Medical Practice Profit Sharing Partner, North West Surrey
- SALARIED /LONG TERM LOCUM LEADING TO FIXED SHARE PARTNERSHIP White City Health Centre £70000 TO £80000 but salary negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications., London W12 7PH & Southall UB1 1JH
- Harmoni admits running out-of-hours centre with no doctors
- GPs should take on 30% of A&E work, say emergency doctors
- Fears over NHS England capacity to manage general practice
- GPs launch national federation to counter rising pressure on practices
- TV show seeks GP couple as presenters
- Dementia diagnosis must accelerate, warns Hunt
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.