GPonline.com has a range of resources to help GP registrars ensure they are equipped with the skills needed for the CSA exam.
REGISTRAR SURVIVAL GUIDES
CSA troubleshooting: 10 - Ethical issues in the CSA The last of our 10-part series discusses how to handle difficult ethical dilemmas.
CSA Troubleshooting: 9 - Providing health promotion advice Think about all aspects of health promotion and disease prevention, says Dr MeiLing Denney.
CSA troubleshooting: 8 - Telephone consultations The CSA can include performing consultations over the telephone.
CSA troubleshooting: 7 - Home visits Home visit cases in the CSA are a problem area for some candidates. By Dr MeiLing Denney.
CSA Troubleshooting: 6 - Healthcare professionals An understanding of the roles of all primary care team members is vital, says Dr MeiLing Denney.
CSA troubleshooting: 5 - Consultations with more than one person Third-party consultations are a problem area for some CSA candidates.
Improve your communication with patients who have learning disabilities. By Dr Tom Coffey
Counselling is part of any GP consultation. Dr Peter Tate explains how to improve your skills.
WORKPLACE-BASED ASSESSMENT (EPORTFOLIO)
In the first of two articles on how to write a reflective account, a typical reflective entry is used to explain the theory and practice of reflective writing. By Dr Prashini Naidoo
The second of two articles on how to write a reflective account deals with how the log entry is assessed. By Dr Prashini Naidoo
Dr Penny Edrich explains how to prepare if you are asked to attend an inquest.
Simple measures can be put in place to avoid prescribing errors, says Dr Marika Davies.
The key points GPs must know about the GMC's new child protection guideline.
Relatives often request details from GPs about deceased patients, says MPS adviser Dr Rachel Birch.
Is calling a patient to a clinic in front of other patients a breach of her confidentiality?
The MDU's Dr Mike Devlin provides updated advice on how to deal with notifiable diseases.
Keep track of exam dates, when to apply for assessments and, most importantly, when the results will be published.
- CSA application dates - 20-26 March 2013
- CSA assessment - 9-11 May, 13-18 May, 20-25 May 2013
- CSA results - 5 June 2013
- AKT booking period - 12-20 March 2013
- AKT exam - 1 May 2013
- AKT results - 30 May 2013
All dates are subject to change
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP's Avicenna Medical Practice Negotiable and to include benefits, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Part-Time Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership) Culcheth Medical Centre Competitive Salary, Warrington, Cheshire
- Full-Time Partner Badgerswood Surgery Negotiable, Hampshire/Surrey/West Sussex Border
- Full Time Partner/Salaried GP (8 sessions) to replace retiring Partner Stirling Road Surgery Details available on request, Devon
- 7 session Partner Chobham and West End Medical Practice Profit Sharing Partner, North West Surrey
- SALARIED /LONG TERM LOCUM LEADING TO FIXED SHARE PARTNERSHIP White City Health Centre £70000 TO £80000 but salary negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications., London W12 7PH & Southall UB1 1JH