What are the risks and outcomes in patients with existing and gestational diabetes in pregnancy? Dr Polly Weston advises on assessment and management.
LATEST FROM GP MAGAZINE
Research of interest to GPs, summarised by Dr Bryan Palmer
Medico-legal advice, as well as opinions, on how to act on child protection issues
Dr Gwen Lewis explains current prescribing guidance for using HRT to treat menopause symptoms.
Dr Nigel Stollery explains how to recognise basal cell carcinoma among four similar lesions.
This type of group learning can be an easy way to gain CPD credits for appraisal and revalidation, explains Dr Carrie St John Wright.
How to rule out hernia and lymphadenopathy and when to refer. By Dr Harry Brown
A review of research of interest to GPs, including pericarditis, hysterectomy and IUDs. By Dr Sally Hope
FOCUS: ANXIETY DISORDERS
CATCH UP ON THE LATEST RESEARCH
Red flag symptoms
Find out the red flag symptoms that could indicate a more sinister cause of night sweats. By Dr Pipin Singh
A thorough history will help to differentiate a life-threatening cause, explains Dr Pipin Singh.
Anatomical and physiological conditions of the eye can cause blurring.
Know when to refer, says Dr Lizzie Croton.
Recurrent bleeds may warrant further investigation by ENT, says Dr Anna Cumisky.
Preceding symptoms not to miss. By Dr Pipin Singh.
DIAGNOSE AND TREAT
Dr Nigel Stollery outlines the key clues to differentiate between these facial presentations.
Dr Gill Jenkins discusses the common causes of vaginal symptoms and how to diagnose them.
How to treat seasonal exacerbations in primary care. By Dr Suneeta Kochhar
Advising on footwear may be all that is needed in terms of treatment. From footwear to surgery, by GP Dr Louise Newson
Differentiate and diagnose PMR and GCA. By Professor Rodger Charlton.
Revise the presentation and management of GORD. By GP Dr Louise Newson.
Antenatal advice covering lifestyle, diet and contraception. By GP Dr Gill Jenkins.
Revise the presentation and management of onychomycosis. By GP Dr Nigel Stollery
Dr Suneeta Kochhar describes how common viral infections may manifest during pregnancy.
Revise the causes and presentation of scrotal pain and when to refer. By GP Dr Lizzie Croton
This common cause of hip pain is often misdiagnosed, writes Dr Louise Newson.
Dr Keith Barnard explains the common causes of abnormal gait and how it may present.
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Part Time GP Partner Springfield Surgery Surrey Set monthly drawings (net of superannuation) + periodic profit share , Between Farnham and Godalming
- Salaried GP Part time Shetland Islands The Scalloway Health Centre £74k per annum pro rata 7 weeks annual leave, 2 weeks , Shetland Islands
- Part Time Salaried GP/GP Partner Standon and Puckeridge Surgery To be discussed at interview, Hertfordshire
- Salaried GP Church Elm Health Centre Dependant upon experience, London/Essex border
- GP Partner Cornishway Group Practice To be discussed, Wythenshawe Manchester
- Clinical Lead GP required in Nottingham, 6 sessions, £80K + Benefits Career Doctors £80K + NHS Pension + 5 weeks annual leave + additional paid study leave, Nottingham