VIDEO & AUDIO
LATEST VIDEO NEWS
GPC sessional subcommittee chair Dr Vicky Weeks sets out the key issues for locum and salaried GPs in the coming year.
Watch GPs and other healthcare professionals grilling shadow health secretary Andy Burnham over his NHS proposals.
GPC chairman Dr Laurence Buckman, who is one of the first doctors in the UK to have submitted his evidence for revalidation, says GPs have little to fear.
Screening is 'a complete mess', immunisation close behind and emergency planning 'a disaster waiting to happen', according to Dr John Middleton, the Faculty of Public Health vice president.
GPC chairman Dr Laurence Buckman believes less than a dozen clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) face operating difficulties.
RCGP chairwoman Professor Clare Gerada chaired a roundtable about the future of commissioning at the college's new central London headquarters on Tuesday.
Caroline Dawe, deputy director of secondary care at NHS Bournemouth and Poole, advises practices on steps to take once clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) begin purchasing local enhanced services.
New RCGP medical director of revalidation Professor Nigel Sparrow explains how revalidation will work for GPs.
Few GPs would follow Professor Clare Gerada's example and give patients their mobile telephone numbers or email addresses, the annual RCGP conference heard today.
Broadcaster and campaigner Esther Rantzen has asked GPs to consider promoting her new charity to older patients who might be suffering from loneliness.
Key questions about the future of revalidation were raised at a top-level RCGP debate, exclusively reported by GP newspaper.
In the second of our Personal Finance Podcasts, produced in partnership with Wesleyan Medical Sickness, we look at the best ways to protect yourself and your family in the event of illness.
In the third of our Personal Finance Podcasts, produced in partnership with Wesleyan Medical Sickness, we look at saving for school fees and the options available to healthcare professionals.
In our brand new series of Personal Finance Podcasts produced in partnership with Wesleyan Medical Sickness, we give healthcare professionals some tips on life insurance to savings.
Can a new obsession with quality and productivity beat the financial crisis facing the NHS? The RCGP brought GPs, managers and policy makers together to discuss the key issues. GP was at the table to exclusively report the debate.
RCGP chairman Professor Steve Field has warned that the £20bn cash crisis faced by the NHS will require major changes to the way that GPs work.
Dr Bill Gunnyeon, the chief medical adviser at the Department of Work and Pensions, addresses GP concerns about the new Med 3 form.
RCGP chairman Professor Steve Field explains the benefits to GP and patients of the new Med 3 'fit note' system, due to replace 'sick notes' from April 6 this year, in an exclusive interview with Colin Cooper.
Podcast - Sanjay Tanday interviews Professor Helen Lester on the piloting of the first set of new clinical indicators for the quality framework for 2011.
Podcast - The Independent Nurse editorial teams discusses some of the issues facing nurses in primary care.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP's Avicenna Medical Practice Negotiable and to include benefits, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Part-Time Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership) Culcheth Medical Centre Competitive Salary, Warrington, Cheshire
- Full-Time Partner Badgerswood Surgery Negotiable, Hampshire/Surrey/West Sussex Border
- Full Time Partner/Salaried GP (8 sessions) to replace retiring Partner Stirling Road Surgery Details available on request, Devon
- 7 session Partner Chobham and West End Medical Practice Profit Sharing Partner, North West Surrey
- SALARIED /LONG TERM LOCUM LEADING TO FIXED SHARE PARTNERSHIP White City Health Centre £70000 TO £80000 but salary negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications., London W12 7PH & Southall UB1 1JH
- Harmoni admits running out-of-hours centre with no doctors
- GPs should take on 30% of A&E work, say emergency doctors
- Fears over NHS England capacity to manage general practice
- GPs launch national federation to counter rising pressure on practices
- TV show seeks GP couple as presenters
- Dementia diagnosis must accelerate, warns Hunt
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.