The Portland Hospital - Promotional feature
01 February 2012
With so much choice of where to refer your patients, which hospital can you rely on for renowned clinical excellence in obstetrics, women's health and paediatrics?
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in London entirely dedicated to women and children. Our specialties reflect this providing expertise in Obstetrics (maternity), Women's Health and Paediatrics.
Additional clinical services provided are Outpatient departments for both adults and children, Physiotherapy, Audiology, Imaging (x-ray, ultrasound and MRI scanning), Pharmacy and a Theatre suite.
Treatment and Care
Our staff are often commended on their professional yet friendly approach. We will do everything we can to make your visit as comfortable as possible. We ensure a high ratio of nursing staff per patient with an average of three to four patients to one nurse/midwife. This ratio is increased to one to one care in critical areas such as the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Labour Ward.
Patient Safety and Emergency Care
Patient safety is our main concern. The Portland Hospital has specialists and facilities on hand should an emergency arise. In these circumstances you or your child will be cared for by senior doctors such as Consultant Obstetricians, Gynaecologists or Paediatricians, Intensivists, Resident Consultant Anaesthetists, Resident Medical Officers (RMO's) and experienced nursing staff in the facility appropriate to the care required.
These facilities include a dedicated emergency obstetric theatre, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), a Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU), Paediatric Intensive Care Unit and an adult High Dependency Unit (HDU).
Resources for GPs
Use the links below to quickly access resources for GPs and general practice
- How to Make a Referral
- Services offered at The Portland Hospital
- Patient Resources
- Meet the Consultants video gallery
Find The Portland Hospital
View HCA Private Hospital Group in a larger map
This is a promotional feature article that has been produced by The Portland Hospital.
Latest Articles from GP
- Exclusive: GP access pilots secure top-up funding worth millions of pounds
- GPs urged to offer greater choice of contraception
- GPs fear diagnostics meltdown as industrial action looms
- #WeekInReview - 17 April: Practices threatened with closure, get your arse to the doctors and #bowelcancer
- Vitamin D deficiency doubles risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , North America
- Salaried GP Tri-Links Medical Practice Salary upon application, East Midlands Region / Staffordshire / Warwickshire / West Midlands / Birmingham, West Midlands
- Salaried GP Dr Y Loomba Pay negotiable according to experience, Bolton, Greater Manchester
- OOH LOCUM GP REQUIRED FOR EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS Quattro Recruitment Earn up to £75 per hour, Cheshire / Lancashire / Merseyside / Liverpool, Merseyside / Manchester, Greater Manchester