Adults with severe plaque psoriasis who do not respond to first-line treatments should be offered biological therapies, according to a NICE technology appraisal issued last week. NICE recommends the TNF-alpha blocker etanercept (Enbrel) for the treatment of psoriasis that has not responded to ciclosporin, methotrexate or ultraviolet radiation therapy. If there is no response after 12 weeks, etanercept treatment should be discontinued and treatment with the selective t-cell modulator efalizumab (Raptiva) should be considered.
- Salaried GP Rakaia Medical Centre New Zealand (NZ)
- Salaried GP The Robert Darbishire Practice Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Come and join a winning team NHS Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group Leicester, Leicestershire
- Babylon Salaried GP - London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester. Babylon Health Various
- GUARANTEED WORK ON YOUR DOORSTEP The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide