Our inner ear was originally a breathing organ, according to researchers studying a 370-million-year-old fossil of the Panderichthys fish. The researchers found that its gill opening, or spiracle, was the starting point for the development of hearing apparatus in the early four-limbed vertebrates that are the ancestors of human beings. (Nature 2006; 439: 318-21). Pictured is a scanning electron micrograph of the human eardrum.
- GP Position (Interim-Salaried) £11,000 a session (30% more than a ‘traditional’ salaried post) McGinley Central Services South West London
- Salaried GP Vacancy in Chesterfield - up to £10,500 per session + MDU+ NI + Pension- Full/Part Time MedMatch Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Salaried GP - Derby (various sessions) IMH Group Derbyshire
- Salaried GP's Needed - North Cornwall IMH Group Cornwall
- Specialist in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or General Practice St Helena Saint Helena