Health Headlines: Clegg opposes Monitor role, Lansley says 'reform or fail' and IT funding
By Stephen Robinson, 18 May 2011
Welcome to our daily round-up of health stories making the national news. Don't forget to tell us your views.
Clegg opposes Monitor role - BBC
Nick Clegg will oppose the idea of a regulator promoting competition in the health service in England, a key part of the government's plans for NHS reforms.
Nick Clegg to oppose NHS competition regulator
Reform or fail – Daily Telegraph
The very existence of the NHS will be placed under threat unless it is reformed, Andrew Lansley will warn today.
Existence of NHS under threat without reform, Lansley warns
More IT funds needed – Daily Telegraph
Another £4.7bn could be spent on computerising the country's medical records without the project significantly benefiting patients or the NHS, an official report has warned.
Computerising NHS records 'to cost another £4.7bn'
- Health Headlines: Blood cancer boost, bingeing affects memory and sleep weight link
- Health Headlines: Cameron on NHS reforms, privatisation and surgery
- Health Headlines: Island services at risk, RA drug accepted by NICE and treatment cuts spread of HIV
- Health Headlines: Social care divide, MRSA's Achilles' heel and vitamin D for cancer patients
- Health Headlines: Senior GPs back reforms; EU regulation criticised; coffee could prevent breast cancer
Latest Articles from GP
- Exclusive: GP access pilots secure top-up funding worth millions of pounds
- GPs urged to offer greater choice of contraception
- GPs fear diagnostics meltdown as industrial action looms
- #WeekInReview - 17 April: Practices threatened with closure, get your arse to the doctors and #bowelcancer
- Vitamin D deficiency doubles risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , North America
- GP - with or without MRCGP - Coastal Queensland - Australia Head Medical 60% billing, Queensland / North Queensland
- Salaried GP Tri-Links Medical Practice Salary upon application, East Midlands Region / Staffordshire / Warwickshire / West Midlands / Birmingham, West Midlands
- Salaried GP Dr Y Loomba Pay negotiable according to experience, Bolton, Greater Manchester