Health Headlines: Clegg opposes Monitor role, Lansley says 'reform or fail' and IT funding
By Stephen Robinson, 18 May 2011
Welcome to our daily round-up of health stories making the national news. Don't forget to tell us your views.
Clegg opposes Monitor role - BBC
Nick Clegg will oppose the idea of a regulator promoting competition in the health service in England, a key part of the government's plans for NHS reforms.
Nick Clegg to oppose NHS competition regulator
Reform or fail – Daily Telegraph
The very existence of the NHS will be placed under threat unless it is reformed, Andrew Lansley will warn today.
Existence of NHS under threat without reform, Lansley warns
More IT funds needed – Daily Telegraph
Another £4.7bn could be spent on computerising the country's medical records without the project significantly benefiting patients or the NHS, an official report has warned.
Computerising NHS records 'to cost another £4.7bn'
- Health Headlines: Blood cancer boost, bingeing affects memory and sleep weight link
- Health Headlines: Cameron on NHS reforms, privatisation and surgery
- Health Headlines: Island services at risk, RA drug accepted by NICE and treatment cuts spread of HIV
- Health Headlines: Social care divide, MRSA's Achilles' heel and vitamin D for cancer patients
- Health Headlines: Senior GPs back reforms; EU regulation criticised; coffee could prevent breast cancer
Send to a friend
Latest Stories from GP
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP's Avicenna Medical Practice Negotiable and to include benefits, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Part-Time Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership) Culcheth Medical Centre Competitive Salary, Warrington, Cheshire
- Full-Time Partner Badgerswood Surgery Negotiable, Hampshire/Surrey/West Sussex Border
- Full Time Partner/Salaried GP (8 sessions) to replace retiring Partner Stirling Road Surgery Details available on request, Devon
- 7 session Partner Chobham and West End Medical Practice Profit Sharing Partner, North West Surrey
- SALARIED /LONG TERM LOCUM LEADING TO FIXED SHARE PARTNERSHIP White City Health Centre £70000 TO £80000 but salary negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications., London W12 7PH & Southall UB1 1JH
- Harmoni admits running out-of-hours centre with no doctors
- GPs should take on 30% of A&E work, say emergency doctors
- Fears over NHS England capacity to manage general practice
- GPs launch national federation to counter rising pressure on practices
- TV show seeks GP couple as presenters
- Dementia diagnosis must accelerate, warns Hunt
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.