Tories to cap public sector pensions at £50,000
By Neil Durham, 20 April 2010
The Tories would cap public sector pensions at £50,000 a year and freeze pay for all except those earning less than £18,000.
The detail is revealed in the Conservatives' public sector manifesto, which seeks to promote the ability of public sector workers to set up co-operatives to provide services.
The ability for NHS staff to set up co-operatives to provide services already exists in England.
The manifesto does give greater detail about public sector pay. It pledges not to freeze the salaries of the million public sector workers earning less than £18,000.
It adds: ‘The pay freeze for higher grades will produce savings equivalent to the cost of 100,000 jobs.'
Latest Articles from GP
- GP contract in 2014/15 to benefit average practice by just £114
- Health check roll-out by councils 'ineffective', charity warns
- Quarter of CCGs face 2014/15 deficit as experts urge NHS funding rise
- CCGs may need to merge to take on powerful trusts, outgoing CCG GP suggests
- Successful Challenge Fund bidders revealed: full details
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , Alberta in Canada
- GP Salford Health Matters Competitive salary, Salford
- Locum GP - Isle of Wight and surrounding areas. Angel Human Resources LLP Excellent rates of pay and travel contributions paid to the Locum GP., Various choices of work offered to the Locum GP in Gloucestershire and surrounding areas.
- Locum GP - Humberside and surrounding areas. Angel Human Resources LLP Excellent rates of pay and travel contributions paid to the Locum GP., Various choices of work offered to the Locum GP in Humberside and surrounding areas.