RCGP Scotland begins search for its GP of the Year
By Susie Sell, 19 April 2010
Patients in Scotland have been asked to make their nominations for the RCGP Scotland's GP of the year award.
All GPs in Scotland are eligible for the award and the winning nomination will be chosen by a panel which includes members of the RCGP Scotland Patient group, P3.
Patients have been asked to send their nomination forms and testimonies to the RCGP Scotland.
Dr Ken Lawton, creator of the award and chair of RCGP Scotland, said: ‘We created this award last year and I was overwhelmed with the response from the public, in particular the quality of the stories that our patients had to tell, some of which were literally life changing.
‘We wanted to celebrate the successes of general practice and show its diverse and vital impact across Scotland, from the remote single handed doctors in the highlands to those in deprived inner-city areas. The best way to do this was to hear from the patients themselves, in their own words, so it wasn't about being a ‘tick box' exercise for the College.'
Also presented at the event will be The Practice Team Award which recognises the dedication of all members of the healthcare team, including administrative staff to practice nurses.
The event will be held on Friday 12 November at The Hub venue on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh.
Latest Articles from GP
- GPs need support to tackle domestic violence, say researchers
- Viewpoint: BMA deputy chairman on why the decline in GP funding must be reversed
- Flu jab cuts diabetes deaths by 30%
- NHS England confirms plans to hand CCGs primary care commissioning role
- Scottish LMCs conference to debate fresh call for breakaway GP contract
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- General Practitioners - Parkgate Medical Practice IntraHealth Competitive, Darlington
- Are you a Locum GP looking for work in Walk in Centres, OOH, Surgeries or Prisons at Top Rates? Medco Services Upto £100 p/h, National
- Salaried GP required in Hartlepool, Full-time, Up to £90k + MDU + Benefits Career Doctors £90k + MDU + annual leave, North East England, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough
- Salaried GP required in Traditional Langbaurgh surgery, £90k + Benefits Career Doctors £90,000 + MDU and benefits, Middlesbrough, Langbaurgh, County Durham, North East England
- GP required in Stockton on Tees, up to £90K + Benefits Career Doctors £90K + MDU + Benefits, Stockton on Tees, Middlebrough, North East England
- North (N15) London client requiring Full Time cover during March and April Locum.co.uk Fantastic rates on offer, North London (N15)