RCGP Scotland begins search for its GP of the Year
By Susie Sell, 19 April 2010
Patients in Scotland have been asked to make their nominations for the RCGP Scotland's GP of the year award.
All GPs in Scotland are eligible for the award and the winning nomination will be chosen by a panel which includes members of the RCGP Scotland Patient group, P3.
Patients have been asked to send their nomination forms and testimonies to the RCGP Scotland.
Dr Ken Lawton, creator of the award and chair of RCGP Scotland, said: ‘We created this award last year and I was overwhelmed with the response from the public, in particular the quality of the stories that our patients had to tell, some of which were literally life changing.
‘We wanted to celebrate the successes of general practice and show its diverse and vital impact across Scotland, from the remote single handed doctors in the highlands to those in deprived inner-city areas. The best way to do this was to hear from the patients themselves, in their own words, so it wasn't about being a ‘tick box' exercise for the College.'
Also presented at the event will be The Practice Team Award which recognises the dedication of all members of the healthcare team, including administrative staff to practice nurses.
The event will be held on Friday 12 November at The Hub venue on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Millstream Medical Centre Competitive salary will be offered dependent on experience, Central Salisbury
- 2 x Salaried GP Positions, Great Yarmouth, FT & PT, C.£85,000 Merco Circa £85,000 plus benefits, Norfolk, East Anglia
- Clinical Research Physician Synexus Ltd Competitive, UK based sites
- Salaried GP DMC Healthcare Competitive Salary, East Dulwich, South London
- Salaried GP The Medical Centre - Kent Competitive, Maidstone, Kent
- Salaried GP Horden Group Practice Salary will be dependant on experience, Horden, County Durham