NMC targets former nurses to tackle swine flu
By Neil Durham, 17 September 2009
The NMC is writing to over 90,000 nurses and midwives whose registration has lapsed within the previous four years as a precaution in the event of a swine flu pandemic.
The action is being taken to address any potential staffing shortages.
Nurses and midwives are eligible to apply for readmission to the NMC's professional register if they have worked as a nurse or a midwife during the previous five years, for a minimum of 750 hours. They must also have undertaken and recorded 35 hours of continuing professional development in the last three years.
The NMC is able to process correctly completed applications within two working days of receiving the forms and payment.
If a nurse or midwife is eligible for readmission to the register, the NMC strongly recommends that they contact their last employer or local health service provider before making a decision about applying for readmission.
Latest Articles from GP
- Exclusive: CCGs to commission primary care as NHS England reveals GP reforms
- Shingles jab programme extended to 300,000 more patients
- Viewpoint: Dr Kailash Chand: Listen to GPs on Care Bill over hospital closure
- Welsh GPs dismiss plans to hand primary care control to local councils
- CCGs must do more to provide adequate palliative care
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- GP & Lead GP Care UK Competitive + Benefits, Pentonville Prison- London
- Salaried GP Mandeville Medical Centre To be discussed, Northolt London
- Salaried GP Miriam Medical Centre Number of sessions and salary negotiable., Birkenhead, Wirral.
- Locum/Salaried GP- Out of Hour - Liverpool/Manchester/Yorkshire/North East & TOP RATES!! Medco Services Up to £95 per hour, Midlands - Various
- Warehouse Supervisor Angel Human Resources LLP £17,000 to £20,000 PA, Romsey, Southampton, Hampshire
- Locum GP - Bedfordshire & Surrounding Areas Angel Human Resources LLP Excellent rates of pay and travel contributions paid to the Locum GP, Various choices of work offered to the Locum GP In Leicestershire areas and surrounding areas