NMC targets former nurses to tackle swine flu
By Neil Durham, 17 September 2009
The NMC is writing to over 90,000 nurses and midwives whose registration has lapsed within the previous four years as a precaution in the event of a swine flu pandemic.
The action is being taken to address any potential staffing shortages.
Nurses and midwives are eligible to apply for readmission to the NMC's professional register if they have worked as a nurse or a midwife during the previous five years, for a minimum of 750 hours. They must also have undertaken and recorded 35 hours of continuing professional development in the last three years.
The NMC is able to process correctly completed applications within two working days of receiving the forms and payment.
If a nurse or midwife is eligible for readmission to the register, the NMC strongly recommends that they contact their last employer or local health service provider before making a decision about applying for readmission.
Latest Articles from GP
- Exclusive: GP access pilots secure top-up funding worth millions of pounds
- GPs urged to offer greater choice of contraception
- GPs fear diagnostics meltdown as industrial action looms
- #WeekInReview - 17 April: Practices threatened with closure, get your arse to the doctors and #bowelcancer
- Vitamin D deficiency doubles risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , North America
- CAMBRIDGE - Salaried GP - Excellent Salary - Full Bens Package Dream Medical Ltd c£80,000 (neg) + OUTSTANDING BENEFITS PACKAGE + BONUS SCHEME, Cambridgeshire
- LEAD GP - PICTURESQUE KENT - EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFITS Dream Medical Ltd c£90000 (fulltime) + Full benefits package, Kent
- GP - with or without MRCGP - Coastal Queensland - Australia Head Medical 60% billing, Queensland / North Queensland