GP holds down two top PCT jobs
15 May 2009
A practising Essex GP is also holding down two PCT chief executive posts at once.
Braintree GP Dr Paul Zollinger-Read, the chief executive of NHS North East Essex, has been named interim chief executive at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney for the next couple of months.
A national recruitment campaign to appoint a permanent chief executive will begin soon.
Dr Zollinger-Read, a former NHS Modernisation Agency director of demand management, first took the reins of a PCT when he became chief executive of the Witham, Braintree and Halstead Care Trust in October 2002. He has been a GP since 1991.
Dr Zollinger-Read said: 'I remain fully committed to my role in North East Essex but am happy to help NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney in the interim period while it searches for a permanent new chief executive.'
Comment below and tell us what you think
Latest Articles from GP
- Exclusive: GP access pilots secure top-up funding worth millions of pounds
- GPs urged to offer greater choice of contraception
- GPs fear diagnostics meltdown as industrial action looms
- #WeekInReview - 17 April: Practices threatened with closure, get your arse to the doctors and #bowelcancer
- Vitamin D deficiency doubles risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , North America
- CAMBRIDGE - Salaried GP - Excellent Salary - Full Bens Package Dream Medical Ltd c£80,000 (neg) + OUTSTANDING BENEFITS PACKAGE + BONUS SCHEME, Cambridgeshire
- LEAD GP - PICTURESQUE KENT - EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFITS Dream Medical Ltd c£90000 (fulltime) + Full benefits package, Kent
- GP - with or without MRCGP - Coastal Queensland - Australia Head Medical 60% billing, Queensland / North Queensland