CQC refuses to register eight GP practices
By Graham Clews, 02 April 2013
Two GP practices have been refused registration by the CQC because the doctors involved refused to provide assurances about their fitness to practise, the CQC has said.
The two practices were among eight GP providers that the CQC refused to register as it took responsibility for registering GP practices for the first time.
Of the other six, one practice altered its set-up and re-submitted its application which was accepted by the CQC, and the other five remain outstanding, but the providers have 28 days in which to lodge an appeal.
Overall, the CQC registered 7,563 of the 7,607 GP providers that applied (99.4%). The outstanding 44 applied on or just before the 31 March deadline and their applications are still being processed.
There are 43 GP providers with which the CQC is ‘in discussion’ to see whether they are eligible for registration.
A spokesman for the CQC said these discussions could include the number and type of conditions to be placed on the providers.
The CQC’s head of registration, Adrian Hughes, described the GP registration process as ‘a tremendous success’.
‘GP registration is the final phase of a vast programme spanning the last three years, of registering a range of health and social care services,’ he said.
- Practices hit with £850 fee for CQC registration
- DH could impose GP ratings in response to Francis inquiry
- More than 100 practices set to miss CQC deadline
- GPs could face Ofsted-style ratings within two years
- CQC registration: What should practices do ahead of April?
- The CQC, partner changes and practice mergers
Latest Articles from GP
- Exclusive: GP access pilots secure top-up funding worth millions of pounds
- GPs urged to offer greater choice of contraception
- GPs fear diagnostics meltdown as industrial action looms
- #WeekInReview - 17 April: Practices threatened with closure, get your arse to the doctors and #bowelcancer
- Vitamin D deficiency doubles risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , North America
- CAMBRIDGE - Salaried GP - Excellent Salary - Full Bens Package Dream Medical Ltd c£80,000 (neg) + OUTSTANDING BENEFITS PACKAGE + BONUS SCHEME, Cambridgeshire
- LEAD GP - PICTURESQUE KENT - EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFITS Dream Medical Ltd c£90000 (fulltime) + Full benefits package, Kent
- GP - with or without MRCGP - Coastal Queensland - Australia Head Medical 60% billing, Queensland / North Queensland