CQC refuses to register eight GP practices
By Graham Clews, 02 April 2013
Two GP practices have been refused registration by the CQC because the doctors involved refused to provide assurances about their fitness to practise, the CQC has said.
The two practices were among eight GP providers that the CQC refused to register as it took responsibility for registering GP practices for the first time.
Of the other six, one practice altered its set-up and re-submitted its application which was accepted by the CQC, and the other five remain outstanding, but the providers have 28 days in which to lodge an appeal.
Overall, the CQC registered 7,563 of the 7,607 GP providers that applied (99.4%). The outstanding 44 applied on or just before the 31 March deadline and their applications are still being processed.
There are 43 GP providers with which the CQC is ‘in discussion’ to see whether they are eligible for registration.
A spokesman for the CQC said these discussions could include the number and type of conditions to be placed on the providers.
The CQC’s head of registration, Adrian Hughes, described the GP registration process as ‘a tremendous success’.
‘GP registration is the final phase of a vast programme spanning the last three years, of registering a range of health and social care services,’ he said.
- Practices hit with £850 fee for CQC registration
- DH could impose GP ratings in response to Francis inquiry
- More than 100 practices set to miss CQC deadline
- GPs could face Ofsted-style ratings within two years
- CQC registration: What should practices do ahead of April?
- The CQC, partner changes and practice mergers
Latest Articles from GP
- London GPs launch campaign to save practices facing financial ruin
- Quality fears as GP out-of-hours funding falls 13% in two years
- Six GPs elected to BMA council as NHS campaigners dominate
- Breastfeeding cuts adult heart disease risk, study suggests
- Up to 500 GP practices to pilot care.data from autumn
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , North America
- GP Locum (Chelmsford) Agenda Medical Locums £90 per hour, Essex
- GP Locum (Wrexham) Agenda Medical Locums £600 - 760 per day, Wales
- GP Meddoc Locums Up to £180000, East of England / North Yorkshire / Leeds, West Yorkshire