Four GPs awarded NICE fellowships
By Tom Moberly, 03 April 2012
Four GPs have been awarded NICE fellowships for 2012-15, the institute has announced.
Alongside seven other clinicians, NICE fellowships have been awarded to: London GP Dr Alena Chong (a clinical teaching fellow at University College London), Dr Dominic Horne (lead GP and clinical services director at Worcester Walk-In Health Centre), Dr Henry Smithson (an academic GP at the University of Sheffield’s medical school) and Dr Maria Dyban (a salaried GP for Aneurin Bevan Health Board’s out-of-hours GP service in Pontypool, south Wales).
Announcing the appointments, alongside 10 scholarships, NICE said awards were made ‘to individuals who support NICE’s work and aspire to improve care in their local and professional communities’.
Commenting on the announcement, Val Moore, programme director for implementation at NICE and mentor to the fellows and scholars, said: ‘Our Fellows and Scholars Programme is a unique opportunity for motivated and dynamic individuals across the country to exchange ideas and get support from NICE in driving up the quality of care in their local and professional communities’.
The fellowship positions are unpaid and undertaken alongside existing jobs and other professional responsibilities.
Latest Articles from GP
- GPs need support to tackle domestic violence, say researchers
- Viewpoint: BMA deputy chairman on why the decline in GP funding must be reversed
- Flu jab cuts diabetes deaths by 30%
- NHS England confirms plans to hand CCGs primary care commissioning role
- Scottish LMCs conference to debate fresh call for breakaway GP contract
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- General Practitioners - Parkgate Medical Practice IntraHealth Competitive, Darlington
- Are you a Locum GP looking for work in Walk in Centres, OOH, Surgeries or Prisons at Top Rates? Medco Services Upto £100 p/h, National
- Salaried GP required in Hartlepool, Full-time, Up to £90k + MDU + Benefits Career Doctors £90k + MDU + annual leave, North East England, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough
- Salaried GP required in Traditional Langbaurgh surgery, £90k + Benefits Career Doctors £90,000 + MDU and benefits, Middlesbrough, Langbaurgh, County Durham, North East England
- GP required in Stockton on Tees, up to £90K + Benefits Career Doctors £90K + MDU + Benefits, Stockton on Tees, Middlebrough, North East England
- North (N15) London client requiring Full Time cover during March and April Locum.co.uk Fantastic rates on offer, North London (N15)