Four GPs awarded NICE fellowships
By Tom Moberly, 03 April 2012
Four GPs have been awarded NICE fellowships for 2012-15, the institute has announced.
Alongside seven other clinicians, NICE fellowships have been awarded to: London GP Dr Alena Chong (a clinical teaching fellow at University College London), Dr Dominic Horne (lead GP and clinical services director at Worcester Walk-In Health Centre), Dr Henry Smithson (an academic GP at the University of Sheffield’s medical school) and Dr Maria Dyban (a salaried GP for Aneurin Bevan Health Board’s out-of-hours GP service in Pontypool, south Wales).
Announcing the appointments, alongside 10 scholarships, NICE said awards were made ‘to individuals who support NICE’s work and aspire to improve care in their local and professional communities’.
Commenting on the announcement, Val Moore, programme director for implementation at NICE and mentor to the fellows and scholars, said: ‘Our Fellows and Scholars Programme is a unique opportunity for motivated and dynamic individuals across the country to exchange ideas and get support from NICE in driving up the quality of care in their local and professional communities’.
The fellowship positions are unpaid and undertaken alongside existing jobs and other professional responsibilities.
Send to a friend
Latest Stories from GP
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP's Avicenna Medical Practice Negotiable and to include benefits, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Part-Time Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership) Culcheth Medical Centre Competitive Salary, Warrington, Cheshire
- Full-Time Partner Badgerswood Surgery Negotiable, Hampshire/Surrey/West Sussex Border
- Full Time Partner/Salaried GP (8 sessions) to replace retiring Partner Stirling Road Surgery Details available on request, Devon
- 7 session Partner Chobham and West End Medical Practice Profit Sharing Partner, North West Surrey
- SALARIED /LONG TERM LOCUM LEADING TO FIXED SHARE PARTNERSHIP White City Health Centre £70000 TO £80000 but salary negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications., London W12 7PH & Southall UB1 1JH
- Harmoni admits running out-of-hours centre with no doctors
- GPs should take on 30% of A&E work, say emergency doctors
- Fears over NHS England capacity to manage general practice
- GPs launch national federation to counter rising pressure on practices
- TV show seeks GP couple as presenters
- Dementia diagnosis must accelerate, warns Hunt
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.