Four GPs awarded NICE fellowships
By Tom Moberly, 03 April 2012
Four GPs have been awarded NICE fellowships for 2012-15, the institute has announced.
Alongside seven other clinicians, NICE fellowships have been awarded to: London GP Dr Alena Chong (a clinical teaching fellow at University College London), Dr Dominic Horne (lead GP and clinical services director at Worcester Walk-In Health Centre), Dr Henry Smithson (an academic GP at the University of Sheffield’s medical school) and Dr Maria Dyban (a salaried GP for Aneurin Bevan Health Board’s out-of-hours GP service in Pontypool, south Wales).
Announcing the appointments, alongside 10 scholarships, NICE said awards were made ‘to individuals who support NICE’s work and aspire to improve care in their local and professional communities’.
Commenting on the announcement, Val Moore, programme director for implementation at NICE and mentor to the fellows and scholars, said: ‘Our Fellows and Scholars Programme is a unique opportunity for motivated and dynamic individuals across the country to exchange ideas and get support from NICE in driving up the quality of care in their local and professional communities’.
The fellowship positions are unpaid and undertaken alongside existing jobs and other professional responsibilities.
Latest Articles from GP
- Exclusive: GP access pilots secure top-up funding worth millions of pounds
- GPs urged to offer greater choice of contraception
- GPs fear diagnostics meltdown as industrial action looms
- #WeekInReview - 17 April: Practices threatened with closure, get your arse to the doctors and #bowelcancer
- Vitamin D deficiency doubles risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , North America
- GP - with or without MRCGP - Coastal Queensland - Australia Head Medical 60% billing, Queensland / North Queensland
- Salaried GP Tri-Links Medical Practice Salary upon application, East Midlands Region / Staffordshire / Warwickshire / West Midlands / Birmingham, West Midlands
- Salaried GP Dr Y Loomba Pay negotiable according to experience, Bolton, Greater Manchester