Care Quality Commission sets fees for out-of-hours providers
By Marina Soteriou, 27 March 2012
Fees for providers of out-of-hours services to register with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) have been set from £800 to £48,000, the same as for dental and ambulance providers.
The CQC announced on Monday that out-of-hours providers registered from 1 April 2012, will be paying the same fee scales as dental and ambulance providers.
It was also revealed that this fee scale has reduced from £6,000 to £4,000 and from £12,000 to £10,000 after two fee consultations.
The difference in fees refers to the number of locations that services work from. The £4,000 fee covers four to 10 locations, £10,000 is for 11 to 50 sites.
But a date for when the consultation into GP practice fees will begin has still not been a set. A spokesman was unable to tell GP when this was due to be decided. GP practice registration was postponed until April 2013.
CQC chief executive Cynthia Bower said: ‘Our approach to fees is based on fairness and on raising only as much income as we need to cover the costs of regulation. We have listened to what providers have told us during both these consultation and have made changes to address concerns and make the fees that we charge transparent and as proportionate as possible.’
Number of locations Fee payable
2 to 3 £1,600
4 to 10 £4,000
11 to 50 £10,000
51 to 100 £24,000
More than 100 £48,000
- CQC sets out GP practice registration timetable but no cost detail
- GPC wants registration talks after Care Quality Commission chief quits
- RCGP accreditation does not mean practices are CQC compliant
- CQC denies that 10% of GP practices face inspection
- How to... Make sense of CQC registration
- Chris Lancelot - The CQC has questions to answer, not the nurses
Send to a friend
Latest Stories from GP
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP's Avicenna Medical Practice Negotiable and to include benefits, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Part-Time Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership) Culcheth Medical Centre Competitive Salary, Warrington, Cheshire
- Full-Time Partner Badgerswood Surgery Negotiable, Hampshire/Surrey/West Sussex Border
- Full Time Partner/Salaried GP (8 sessions) to replace retiring Partner Stirling Road Surgery Details available on request, Devon
- 7 session Partner Chobham and West End Medical Practice Profit Sharing Partner, North West Surrey
- SALARIED /LONG TERM LOCUM LEADING TO FIXED SHARE PARTNERSHIP White City Health Centre £70000 TO £80000 but salary negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications., London W12 7PH & Southall UB1 1JH
- Harmoni admits running out-of-hours centre with no doctors
- GPs should take on 30% of A&E work, say emergency doctors
- Fears over NHS England capacity to manage general practice
- GPs launch national federation to counter rising pressure on practices
- TV show seeks GP couple as presenters
- Dementia diagnosis must accelerate, warns Hunt
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.