DoH announces up to £35 per head for GP consortia running costs
By Tom Ireland, 15 December 2010
The NHS Operating Framework is expected to reveal that GP consortia will receive £25 to £35 per head of registered population by 2013.
The figure is much higher than the speculated figure of around £10 per patient.
An NHS Alliance statement released ahead of the 4pm publication of the NHS Operating Framework reported this figure.
The report will also say consortia will receive £2 per head from next April 2011 to fund GP backfill time covering their involvement in commissioning consortia work.
The Operating Framework, officially released later today, will contain a commitment that GP commissioning consortia will not be responsible for PCT legacy debt at the point they assume financial control in April 2013.
The NHS Alliance said the funding showed 'commendable resolve in sticking to its guns on the importance of clinical involvement in commissioning'.
- DoH reveals GP consortia details in consultation response
- Government to respond to White Paper consultation
- 15% of income too high for quality premiums
- PCT debt will be 'fully resolved' before consortia form
- McKinsey fears consortia management funding will be too small
- GP consortia will need £10 per patient for management
Send to a friend
Latest Stories from GP
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Full Time Salaried GP Daneshouse Medical Centre Salary dependant on qualifications and experience, Burnley, Lancashire
- Salaried GP The Elms Medical Centre Negotiable depending upon experience, newly qualified starting at circa £72k pro-rata., North West England
- SALARIED GP (female) Mount Pleasant and Earlsheaton Medical Centres Dependent upon experience, Dewsbury / Batley, West Yorkshire
- Full Time GP Partner/ Salaried GP Newtown Medical Practice Negotiable, Mid Wales/Shropshire Border
- Salaried GP's Avicenna Medical Practice Negotiable and to include benefits, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Part-Time Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership) Culcheth Medical Centre Competitive Salary, Warrington, Cheshire
- Harmoni admits running out-of-hours centre with no doctors
- TV show seeks GP couple as presenters
- Hunt to reveal GP reforms and new inspection regime
- LMCs demand emergency vote after Hunt out-of-hours comments
- Integrated care pilot drives up dementia diagnosis
- NHS threatened by US trade deal, warns Lord Owen
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.