How to use your free CPD Organiser on GPonline.com
25 October 2013
Read this article to find out how to use the CPD Organiser for your continuing professional development and medical education. The CPD Organiser lets you add articles and pages from the internet, create notes, manage your learning in folders, claim CPD credits and export your saved items as a PDF.
You must be logged in
You need to be logged in to GPonline.com to use your CPD Organiser. Once you have logged in please click on the link below to access your CPD Organiser.
ACCESS YOUR FREE CPD ORGANISER AT www.GPonline.com/CPD
- If you are already logged in and have problems accessing your CPD Organiser, try logging out and then logging back in.
- If you have a question which is not answered here or experience any problems, please email email@example.com.
About the CPD Organiser
The CPD Organiser has been developed to support healthcare professionals with their continuing medical education, CPD and revalidation, and general educational needs.
Tips, advice and answers about the GPonline.com CPD Organiser can be found below. We have also provided a Simple Guide to the CPD Credits System for GPs in the UK.
Frequently asked questions
You need to have a GPonline.com account to use the CPD Organiser and make sure that you are logged in.
We have developed the CPD Organiser to work in most browsers, but some of the older versions may not display all of the content correctly.
Google recommends that web users upgrade their older browsers to at least the following but preferably the latest version:
Look out for the CPD+ logo at the top and bottom of articles on GPonline.com. Clicking on this logo will open a window which will allow you to save an article to your organiser.
If you cannot find a logo on the page, you can use the ‘Add to CPD Organiser' button which allows you so save any page from the internet to your organiser (see - Adding web pages to your CPD Organiser).
You can add web pages from sites external to GPonline.com by creating a toolbar bookmark.
First of all you have to make sure that your bookmark toolbar is visible.
Read this article - Adding web pages to your CPD Organiser - for more detailed information.
If you want to add something that is not a web page or simply leave yourself a reminder to do something, you can use the Create a Note facility.
For example, you may have a conversation with a colleague or attend a meeting and need to create a record of learning.
You can add items within your Organiser to an export folder.
From here you can choose to export them as a PDF. All of your notes and comments are exported. The PDF will also include the article if the item is from GPonline.com.
Simply click on the item in your folder. The screen will show you a detailed view of the item. You can click on the pencil symbol to edit existing comments or entries. There are also links to add additional entries if you wish.
When you add your items you may specify an alternative title. This is the title that appears in your CPD Organiser folder view.
Once an item is saved in your Organiser you can edit the title by clicking on it and going to the item view.
Adding tags when you save your items helps you to organise what you have saved. You can click on your tags to filter your items.
To remove a tag view, click on the folder links just below the main CPD+ logo within your organiser.
Latest Articles from GP
- Shingles jab programme extended to 300,000 more patients
- Viewpoint: Dr Kailash Chand: Listen to GPs on Care Bill over hospital closure
- Welsh GPs dismiss plans to hand primary care control to local councils
- CCGs must do more to provide adequate palliative care
- Rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis delayed by reliance on key test, GPs told
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- GP & Lead GP Care UK Competitive + Benefits, Pentonville Prison- London
- Locum/Salaried GP- Out of Hour - Liverpool/Manchester/Yorkshire/North East & TOP RATES!! Medco Services Up to £95 per hour, Midlands - Various
- Warehouse Supervisor Angel Human Resources LLP £17,000 to £20,000 PA, Romsey, Southampton, Hampshire
- Locum GP - Bedfordshire & Surrounding Areas Angel Human Resources LLP Excellent rates of pay and travel contributions paid to the Locum GP, Various choices of work offered to the Locum GP In Leicestershire areas and surrounding areas
- Locum GP - Berkshire and surrounding areas. Angel Human Resources LLP Excellent rates of pay and travel contributions paid to the Locum GP, Various choices of work offered to the Locum GP In Leicestershire areas and surrounding areas
- Locum GP - Buckinhamshire and surrounding areas. Angel Human Resources LLP Excellent rates of pay and travel contributions paid to the Locum GP, Various choices of work offered to the Locum GP In Buckinhamshire areas and surrounding areas