The latest news from this year's LMCs conference, which takes place in London on 23 and 24 May 2013.
GPs have rejected a motion of no confidence in health secretary Jeremy Hunt during an emergency debate at the UK LMCs conference, but hit out at plans to make the profession take back 24-hour responsibility for patients.
Health secretary Jeremy Hunt will overhaul the GMS contract to enforce primary care reforms that will hand out-of-hours responsibility back to GPs.
LMCs have called for an investigation into why women are 'underrepresented in both membership and leadership roles on the GPC'.
GPC chairman Dr Laurence Buckman speaks to GPonline.com at the LMCs conference about the ongoing out-of-hours row and his time in office.
Londonwide LMCs' chief executive Dr Michelle Drage tells GPonline.com about its campaign to inform patients about the work GPs do.
- Hunt to reveal GP reforms and new inspection regime
- LMCs demand emergency vote after Hunt out-of-hours comments
- GP contract 'not to blame' for A&E pressure, NHS leaders say
- GPC chairman warns GPs are 'strained beyond endurance'
- Hunt 'must recognise growing GP crisis', warns RCGP
- GP-patient relationship faces 'unprecedented strain'
This young patient's disclosure to his mother revealed the diagnosis.
Accountant Faye Armstrong looks at how changes that came into effect on 1 April are impacting on practice income - and what GPs can do to mitigate their impact.
Lori Williams and Karen Robers explain what physician associates are and how they could benefit general practice.
In this series, Nick Coleman explains simple steps practices can take to reduce their expenses and cut costs.
Nick Coleman recommends some tried and tested tactics for securing great deals on goods and services.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP with a view to Partnership The Higham Ferrers Surgery Salary negotiable , Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire
- Partnership Opportunity Leen View Surgery Negotiable, East Midlands
- Part-time Partner Taff Riverside Practice Share of the profit, Position in Cardiff
- Full Time Salaried GP Daneshouse Medical Centre Salary dependant on qualifications and experience, Burnley, Lancashire
- Salaried GP The Elms Medical Centre Negotiable depending upon experience, newly qualified starting at circa £72k pro-rata., North West England
- SALARIED GP (female) Mount Pleasant and Earlsheaton Medical Centres Dependent upon experience, Dewsbury / Batley, West Yorkshire
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.