GP out-of-hours funding has fallen by around 13% in two years, threatening service quality and increasing pressure on emergency services, a group representing providers has warned.
Breastfeeding may greatly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease well into adulthood, research suggests.
A leading campaigner against NHS privatisation has won more votes than any other candidate in elections to the BMA council, as six GPs were also voted in.
A QOF indicator for contraceptive counselling that was scrapped in the 2014/15 contract deal had helped an extra 110,000 women access long-acting reversible contraception (LARCs), a study has found.
Challenge Fund GP access pilots have received guarantees of top-up funding worth millions of pounds and assurances of financial support beyond 2014/15, GP magazine has learnt.
Up to 500 GP practices will take part in a trial of data extraction under the delayed care.data programme from this autumn, NHS England has revealed.
As the 2014/15 financial year gets under way, Nick Bostock and Stephen Robinson look at the impact of changes to the GP contract.
Dr Chris Lancelot, 24 March 2014
Red flag symptoms
Identify unintentional weight loss, advises Dr Pipin Singh
Children and young people are as likely as adults to become ill - and they can become mentally ill, just as they can become physically ill.
- #WeekInReview - 17 April: Practices threatened with closure, get your arse to the doctors and #bowelcancer
- GPs fear diagnostics meltdown as industrial action looms
- Exclusive: GP access pilots secure top-up funding worth millions of pounds
- GPs urged to offer greater choice of contraception
- Quality fears as GP out-of-hours funding falls 13% in two years
- Up to 500 GP practices to pilot care.data from autumn
How will this policy affect GPs in practical terms? GPC negotiator Dr Beth McCarron-Nash provides advice.
Billed as interim, the Premises Costs Directions 2013 have raised a variety of issues that NHS England should now address, writes Andrew O'Dowd.
How can practices hope to meet the 'tough' target for flu vaccinations? Dr Mark Goodwin, whose practice exceeded the targets last season, shares his top tips.
The latest information on domains, payments and prevalence.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , North America
- GP Locum (Chelmsford) Agenda Medical Locums £90 per hour, Essex
- GP Locum (Wrexham) Agenda Medical Locums £600 - 760 per day, Wales
- GP Meddoc Locums Up to £180000, East of England / North Yorkshire / Leeds, West Yorkshire