Health secretary Jeremy Hunt will unveil plans for a new chief inspector of general practice on Thursday, and will call for all patients to have a named GP responsible for co-ordinating their care in- and out-of-hours.
UK GPs must fight to preserve the doctor-patient relationship in the face of rising pressure from workload, cuts and reforms, candidates in RCGP council elections have warned.
CCGs are at risk from GP workload pressure and the 'fire-storm' being whipped up over out-of-hours provision, a commissioning leader has warned.
NHS services could be exposed to increased private sector competition because of an EU trade deal with the US, a former health secretary has warned.
The first year of a large-scale integrated care pilot resulted in a marked increase in dementia diagnoses and the frequency of diabetes testing.
GPs should have faster access to diagnostic checks and results, and instant access to expert advice to discuss findings, an RCGP report warns.
- Harmoni admits running out-of-hours centre with no doctors
- GPs should take on 30% of A&E work, say emergency doctors
- TV show seeks GP couple as presenters
- Dementia diagnosis must accelerate, warns Hunt
- Integrated care pilot drives up dementia diagnosis
- NHS threatened by US trade deal, warns Lord Owen
Presentations and consequences of malignant disease. By Dr Philip Marazzi.
A programme to encourage all employees, including practice staff, to have pension savings is underway. Kevin Quinn explains how it works.
Getting recruitment wrong can be expensive. Fiona Dalziel has some advice to help practices ensure they have everything in place to recruit successfully.
For a two-year period practices can offset expenditure of up to £250,000 against tax in the year of purchase, explains Russell Finn.
Donna Hickey explains what a CQC inspection will involve and how practices can best prepare for the experience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SALARIED GP (female) Mount Pleasant and Earlsheaton Medical Centres Dependent upon experience, Dewsbury / Batley, West Yorkshire
- Full Time GP Partner/ Salaried GP Newtown Medical Practice Negotiable, Mid Wales/Shropshire Border
- Salaried GP's Avicenna Medical Practice Negotiable and to include benefits, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Part-Time Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership) Culcheth Medical Centre Competitive Salary, Warrington, Cheshire
- Full-Time Partner Badgerswood Surgery Negotiable, Hampshire/Surrey/West Sussex Border
- Full Time Partner/Salaried GP (8 sessions) to replace retiring Partner Stirling Road Surgery Details available on request, Devon
MIMS Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.