GP practices could benefit by just £114 on average from the 2014/15 contract after NHS England refused to agree an increase in the value of QOF points.
A lack of vitamin D can double the risk of developing chronic widespread pain, a study suggests.
One in four CCG finance directors fear their organisation will fail to achieve financial balance in 2014/15, a poll shows.
More than 7.5m people across England will have increased access to GPs, as the DH revealed winning bids for the prime minister's £50m Challenge Fund pilot programme.
Successful bids for the £50m Challenge Fund to boost access to GP practices were announced on 11 April - find out what bidders will deliver and how much funding they will receive.
A GP CCG clinical vice chairman who is stepping down from the role this summer suggests CCGs may need to merge to take on powerful trusts.
Writing for GPonline.com in a personal capacity, BMA deputy chairman Dr Kailash Chand reflects on the findings of this week's judicial review into the fairness of CSA tests.
Dr Chris Lancelot, 24 March 2014
Red flag symptoms
Identify unintentional weight loss, advises Dr Pipin Singh
Children and young people are as likely as adults to become ill - and they can become mentally ill, just as they can become physically ill.
- High Court judge rules CSA is lawful and fair
- Exclusive: GPs abandon Lib Dems and Tories
- BAPIO considers fresh legal action over CSA as judge grants right of appeal
- Exclusive: 12% of GPs fear practice closure
- Successful Challenge Fund bidders revealed: full details
- Payment problems continue as nearly half of GPs report issues
According to Oxford Dictionaries, a 'tipping point' is the point at which a series of small changes or incidents becomes sufficiently significant to cause a larger, more important change.
A draft GP and GP out-of-hours inspection handbook is out for consultation between April and June 2014.
You can now view a sample copy of the in-depth report we provide to all practices in England who request a free GMS Financial Forecast 2014/21 from Medeconomics.
The results of an exclusive Medeconomics survey reveal a potential exodus of practice managers due to spiralling workload . Of 216 practice manager respondents to our online survey conducted in March, more than two thirds (67%) said they had recen...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Salaried GP Gloucester House Medical Centre Competitive Salary , Urmston, Trafford
- Full or part-time Salaried GP Opportunity, Hampshire Coast Merco Excellent salary + GMC paid, Hampshire, South East region
- GP Jobs Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada EU Health Staff Ltd Between $280,000 and $325,000 or more , Alberta in Canada
- GP Salford Health Matters Competitive salary, Salford
- Salaried GP Required Yeading Medical Centre Up to £75,000 per annum negotiable, Yeading, Middlesex
- Locum GP Essex OOH MSI Group Ltd Hourly rates agreed individually , Essex - North London - East London - Suffolk - Herfordshire - Cambridgeshire - Berkshire